GPS Controlled Wireless Clock Systems, Wireless Clock System Installation, UK
Wireless clock systems work by synchronising a network of clocks, both analogue and digital, using a central transmitter. Repeaters can be used to extend the range of these wireless signals in order to cover a wider area or multiple levels of buildings, and they can be installed both indoors and outdoors.
Wireless clock systems can help to cover large areas, such as shopping centres, factories and schools. They can be integrated into existing systems or used as part of a fresh build, ensuring that there will always be an accurate time displayed throughout the premises.
Seasonal changes are automatically updated using a central system, meaning that time changes such as Daylight Savings Time (DST) will be changed remotely on the clocks on the network, helping to save time and resources by using a central unit to change multiple units helping to reduce the need for unsightly wiring while ensuring slave clock accuracy during a change in the seasons.
The example below shows the Airtime 868 system, which uses a GPS antenna and decoder to synchronise multiple clocks in a network. This system can operate in countries where an 868 waveband can be used without the need to obtain a licence, including most of Western Europe. From the central unit, the signal works within a range of approximately 250 metres, depending on the structure of the building.
- Simple wireless clock system installation, which results in significant cost savings
- Highly versatile in that clocks can be located almost anywhere
- 100% time keeping accuracy of clocks, both inside and outside
- Automatic summer/winter time changes
- Suitable for new systems or for extensions of existing systems
- Latest generation of clock movement allows up to 8 years battery life using 4 x Duracell alkaline LR6/AA size cells for 30 and 40cm dia. clocks.
At E A Combs we are specialised in the design and implementation of wireless clock systems, we stock a range of equipment to help get your project off the ground, including clocks and receivers, contact us today to see how we can help you.